Decided that I wanted to make either sweet and sour prawns or garlic prawns, but didn't know how to make either. Called up dad. He gave me a rough recipe over the phone. All quantities were "to taste", so I decided to give it a try.
- Prawns (200gms)
- Tomato Ketchup (to taste)
- Pineapple Juice (to taste)
- Salt, Sugar, Chilli Powder, Ginger Garlic paste
- Vinegar (optional, again, to taste)
- Soya Sauce (1 tsp)
- Corn flour/Maida (refined wheat flour)
- Carrots, cauliflower, spring onions (quantity as you see fit)
- Chop up carrots into longish slices (diagonally is nice). Break onions into petals.
- Keep prawns ready (not frozen or cold, should be at room temperature)
- Mix tomato ketchup and Pineapple juice, adding to taste in a saucepan
- Heat on low flame
- Add salt, sugar, chilli powder and ginger-garlic paste
- Mix in some corn flour or maida to increase thickness. Stir continuously to avoid forming lumps. Keep stirring until it turns translucent.
- Add in vinegar if necessary for taste and soya sauce.
- Add in prawns
- Add in carrots
- Bring to a boil while stirring continuously. Boil for about 5-10 minutes depending on freshness of prawns.
- Simmer to get rid of excess liquid if necessary.