To start with, we don't actually cook any chicken, but use pre-cooked chicken sausages. Chicken salami works too. I also added in a bunch of mushrooms for fun.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 large chicken sausages (frankfurter sausages are good, but a little firmer)
- half a packet of mushrooms, washed well
- optionally, 100gms soya nuggets (cooked, but this will add some 20 minutes to preparation time).
- half a cup of bhelpuri sauce (you can make this or buy it readymade)
- chop up the sausages and mushrooms to a manageable size
- heat up a wok/kadai on a medium flame.
- Drop the mushrooms and chicken (and soya nuggets if you have them) in, stir around for a couple of seconds, and then add the sauce.
- Mix well, turn to low flame and cover the Wok.
- Bring to a boil and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Open the lid, mix around a bit more.
- Serve hot, eat with Appams.