- 1 or 2 eggs
- 1 or 2 tomatoes diced
- Cocktail sausages, chopped into thin slices
- Salami, cut into strips
- Sliced cheese, cut into strips
- Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp cooking oil (your choice of oil)
Keep all your ingredients ready before you start cooking. Things move really fast once you start. You may want to pre-fry the salami and sausages if you prefer.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, then turn the flame to low
- Break the eggs and slide them onto the pan in quick succession
- Add the diced tomatoes, sliced salami and sausages onto the surface of the eggs while they're still liquid.
- Allow to fry for a till the egg sets and holds onto the meat and tomatoes.
- Add ketchup.
- Add cheese strips over the top, and allow to melt.
- Turn off the flame, add salt to taste and serve.
Variations:If you'd rather not have the yolk in a liquid state, you can do one of two things. Either flip the egg for a bit after everything has set. This can be tough since the tomatoes will start to leak. Alternately, break the yolk while adding ingredients.
If you have kids at home, try this variation on eggs. They might just love it.