- 250gm (8oz) shrimp. shelled, deveined and cooked (steam or boil it)
- 1/4 cup coriander/cilantro leaves chopped up (note the difference)
- 1/2 cup chopped romaine lettuce leaves (use the hearts for a different variation)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 3 Tbsp Maggi hot and sweet tomato chilli sauce (or equivalent - you need something sweet and spicy, so try mixing tabasco + tomato, or use thai sweet chilli sauce)
- 2-3 tsp honey (this is only if your sauce is too spicy for your liking)
- One navel orange (we use this for garnish and for its juice)
- A few mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Combine sauce, honey, shrimp, lime juice and coriander in a bowl and mix until shrimp and coriander are well coated. You should be able to smell the lime.
- Add chopped lettuce on a large plate.
- Add shrimp mix over lettuce.
- Sprinkle a few drops of orange juice over the salad.
- Garnish with orange rings and mint leaves.
- Serve chilled.