Now, the thing about mushrooms (button mushrooms), is that they have a lot of water in them, and they almost never require any additional liquid to cook in... well, it depends. If you use whole mushrooms, then it takes a while for the liquid to come out, if you use chopped mushrooms, the liquid comes out pretty quickly.
So, let's get started.
- 1 cup button mushrooms cut into quarters
- 1/2 bunch each of coriander and mint leaves, chopped up
- Parmesan cheese or 1 slice of fat-free/low-fat cheese
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper powder
- Put the mushrooms into a saucepan/wok on low flame, and stir for a bit till a little liquid comes out of them. You may want to add a little (very little) water just to keep the vessel from overheating.
- Add salt to the water, stir, and cover the dish once enough liquid is out.
- Leave covered for about a minute, then add pepper, and the coriander and mint leaves, and stir a bit till it's well mixed.
- Add the cheese and stir till completely melted.
- Cover the pan and leave to simmer for a minute or two, and then turn off the flame with the pan still covered (this is to stop the steam from escaping).